Lead Avionics Technician - Kansas City, MO
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire is accepting resumes for a Lead Avionics Technician for a full-time position in Kansas City, MO. We offer our staffing services to you at no cost!
Ensure timely completion of a quality product for an assigned function area. Be able to step in and fulfill Maintenance Supervisor responsibility for short periods of time, as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Removal, repair, and reinstallation of composites
- Ensure all tasks are promptly completed in compliance with federal regulations, customer guidelines and company policies
- Monitor and correct routine and non-routine labor hours prior to exceeding allotted estimated hours
- Conduct daily and impromptu crew meetings to ensure prompt communication of all significant information to maintenance crews
- Facilitate On-the-Job Training (OJT) to provide learning opportunities through work assignment and mentoring
- Ensure timely completion of OJT paperwork per company requirements
- Provide regular feedback and performance coaching including appropriate management of time, prioritizing tasks, ensuring proper knowledge and training to accomplish assignments, and adherence to company policy to all members of assigned crew
- Develop technical and leadership skills of the mechanics
- Assist in researching all necessary parts needed for the job
- Review required customer and FAA paperwork to ensure proper maintenance updates and compliance with applicable regulations and customer requirements
- Perform maintenance tasks as required and become an active member of the crew
- Communicate with Supervisor all information on assigned employees including disciplinary problems. Make recommendations for performance evaluations on assigned employees
- Complete all company required reading and update all training files
- Direct and reassign maintenance manpower in response to workload requirements
- Qualify and evaluate employees
- 5-7+ years of Flight Control Rigging/Maintenance experience in an MRO environment
- Previous experience working as a Lead or Supervisor in an MRO environment
- Commercial aircraft experience is highly preferred!
- A&P License is preferred but not required
At STS Direct Hire, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc..., please contact us at 1-800-800-2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: