Hydraulics & Brakes Systems Engineers - Greensboro, NC
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is currently hiring Hydraulics & Brakes Systems Engineers
for full-time positions in Greensboro, North Carolina
.Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.Job Summary:
The Engineer, Hydraulic & Brake Systems is responsible for the total life-cycle of the Hydraulic System with specific experience in wheel brakes and braking systems. This includes clean-sheet design, requirements definition, specification and Statement of Work creation, Supplier coordination, test execution, drawing creation, product certification, product improvement, and Customer support.
- Communicates effectively in both verbal and written format.
- Collaborates with the Integrated Product Team to identify root cause and develop corrective action plans and solutions for complex problems.
- Interacts with shop personnel.
- Performs trade studies for the wheel, brakes and hydraulic systems to identify optimal engineering solution.
- Defines hydraulic and braking system schematics and architecture.
- Develops component level requirements derived from top level system requirements.
- Performs clean sheet component layouts for wheel, brakes and hydraulic systems in support of schematic architecture.
- Performs kinematic studies and system performance analysis.
- Generates Engineering Models and Drawings utilizing CATIA Version 5.
- Utilizes drafting and Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing knowledge to optimize part design for cost and functionality.
- Reviews work performed by others and ensures work is to the highest standard.
- Implements Industry best engineering practices (design for manufacturing, design for reliability and design for maintainability).
- Implements design solutions optimized for cost and weight.
- Manages task execution to ensure on-time and on-target completion.
- Searches for problem root cause and develop corrective action plans and solutions.
- Leads or participates in design / development reviews with management and internal customers.
- Investigates and disposition production line builds issues.
- BS in Engineering with 10-15 years directly related experience OR MS/MBA with 8-13 years of experience OR 18-23 years directly related experience.
- Previous aerospace experience at either Supplier or OEM.
- Familiarity with industry documentation for design, test, and certification of wheel brake and antiskid systems.
- Advanced knowledge of drafting rules.
- Advanced knowledge of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
- Proficiency with use of PDM / PLM software.
- Proficiency in use of CATIA Version 5 or 6 with ability to quickly revert to 5.
- Familiar with FAR Part 23 or Part 25.
- Functional knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to understand and apply certification requirements.
- Ability to generate system certification documents in support of design and qualification requirements.
At STS Direct Hire
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
.Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: