Technical Engineering Specialist (Powerplant) - Minneapolis, MN
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire, a leader in recruitment process outsourcing for the aviation industry, is seeking an innovative and technical-minded Technical Engineering Specialist – Powerplant, with exceptional business judgment as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to an airline company based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Note: It is important to point out that STS Direct Hire offers its professional staffing services at no cost to you, the candidate.
Provides in-depth knowledge, skill and experience relating primarily to aircraft Powerplants and APUs, as well as associated alteration and repair programs. Conducts daily task activities to monitor, assess, and take appropriate actions needed to maintain aircraft equipment safely, reliably, and economically. Liaises directly with equipment manufacturers and service providers to develop and produce technical data and documents used in the maintenance and repair of company aircraft. Provides after-hours engineering support to Maintenance Control during AOG situations.
- Review Engine Health Monitoring & Oil Consumption data, issue trend alerts as required to specify troubleshooting and corrective action measures
- Liaise with Maintenance Planning to ensure removal of engines in accordance with degradation limits
- Generate engineering documents (EOs / EAs) to specify actions required to comply with ADs and to accomplish service bulletins, alterations, major repairs, and the manufacture of Company Produced Parts
- Coordinate parts and tooling for compliance
- Author & Publish Engine and APU Work-Scope Documents, obtain required financial approvals, and coordinate with vendor to manage engine through repair process
- Provide engineering support to Maintenance Control, Line Maintenance and Check Maintenance for Powerplant and APU issues
- Review manufacturers’ service information (SB, SL, etc.) to determine applicability and impact to company fleet
- Generate FCDs for accomplishment of fleet inspections
- Review manufacturers’ service information (SB, SL, etc) to determine applicability and impact to company fleet
- Present engineering proposals to PRB, as required
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of significant power plant events
- (e.g. Engine Changes, Lease Returns, On-wing Repairs, Inflight Shutdowns, etc)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent level of experience in a mechanical or aeronautical discipline
- Very competent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to read and write fluently in the English language
- Basic mathematical competency together with knowledge of Algebra, Geometry, Basic Trigonometry, and Statistics to support engineering and reliability analyses
- At least 6 months experience processing engineering work in a part 121 air carrier (regional or mainline)
- Possess a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license (Required if not degreed)
- At least 1 year of experience processing reliability engineering work in a part 121 air carrier (regional or mainline)
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have a good working knowledge of FAR’s with emphasis on parts 121, 91, 43, 33, 26, 21
- Must be able to analyze Airworthiness Directives and manufacturers service information
- Powerplant knowledge/experience of GE CF34-8E is desired; will consider other powerplant experience
- APU knowledge/experience of APS 2300 is desired; will consider other APU experience
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience using AutoCAD software to produce engineering drawings (preferred)
At STS Direct Hire, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc..., please contact us at 1-800-800-2400 or email@example.com.
Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: