Director of Strategic Sourcing - Kerrville, TX
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is currently hiring Director of Strategic Sourcing
for a full-time position in Kerrville, Texas.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.Job Summary:
The role will include continued development of a supply chain strategy to meet company performance objectives and the management of all supply chain risks. The SCD will direct the strategic and tactical supply chain activities through the team’s procurement efforts and activities, management of agreements and contracts, and continued development of supplier relationships and performance. This person will contribute to both the short and long-range growth and profitability of the organization. The ideal candidate has a strong background within the aerospace industry. They must be a self-starter, project oriented, able to assess needs, implement strategies, and quickly product results with a high attention to detail. Prior experience in a fast-paced start-up environment is beneficial. Composite supply chain experience is a plus. This position reports to Vice President of Production Operations and manage a staff of Buyers, Production Controllers, Shipping, Receiving, Warehouse, Kitting and Stocking personnel.Job Duties:
- Continues the development of the Supply Chain team to provide the greatest value for the company through organizational structuring, training, and mentoring.
- Leads by example and is happy to be hands on and work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Extensive sourcing experience in the aerospace industry is strongly preferred.
- Plans, controls, and directly supervises the team in company-wide sourcing, cost saving, cost avoidance, and value enhancement initiatives associated with procurement.
- This includes mentoring and supporting team members in sourcing activities that include developing requirements, life cycle and market analysis, creating solicitations, reviewing proposals, organizing negotiation strategies, and leading negotiations.
- Leads the planning and execution of negotiation efforts, Supplier conferences etc. as part of new aircraft development activities.
- Work closely with engineering, and other stakeholders to support supply chain activities.
- Develop and manage key supplier relationships and monitor supplier quality and key performance indicators.
- Determine gaps and opportunities for training, resources, and tools for the team.
- Identify barriers to successful performance and provide potential solutions for their removal.
- Leads performance improvement programs throughout the supply chain using overall leadership experience and plays a key role in the implementation of Continuous Improvement techniques throughout the organization.
- Manages supplier relationships (including scorecards, internal metrics and inventory control) to measure and improve procurement activities.
- Ensures suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement initiatives both from a strategic and tactical perspective including lead time reduction, flexibility to schedules, quality improvement, inventory reduction (entire supply chain) and cost reduction on a year over year basis.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a manufacturing environment.
- Reviews and ensures that the appropriate financial metrics are monitored and that proper fiscal controls are in place to maximize cost savings throughout the function.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, or an equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of supply chain management and/or procurement experience is a requirement.
- CPM/CPSM, CPIM, and/or PMP certification a plus.
- Experience with domestic and international Logistics, plus an understanding of import/export processes including ITAR.
- Proven experience developing procurement teams, managing agreements, and experience in a startup environment is strongly preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in supply chain risk management & program planning.
- Ability to read, negotiates, and develops legally binding agreements.
- Ability to demonstrate established skills in supply chain risk management & program planning.
- Knowledge of various procurement methods, strategic sourcing, and supply chain practices.
- Proven experience developing supply chains from the ground up is a must.
- Proven experience managing supply chain, procurement, and or contract management teams.
- Excellent computer skills including demonstrated advanced skills with Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with an ERP system is required (Microsoft AX is preferred).
- Execute strategic goals and objectives in support of the overall company goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in an environment that requires exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Self -motivated with a willingness to learn new things and substantial flexibility to handle and manage change.
- Demonstrated experience in working with people at all levels of an organization in an efficient, professional manner.
- Professional, positive approach, demonstrated integrity, assertive without being demanding.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, creativity & problem solving skills with team, management, and suppliers.
- Prior demonstrated supervisory, management, and leadership skills.
- Experience from a start-up environment is strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background within the aerospace or related industry and has effectively negotiated strategic agreements with relevant material suppliers to provide the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Demonstrated experience developing processes and procedures with operations personnel to continuously improve productivity.
- This person will possess strong, high-level analytical, organizational, facilitation, sourcing, and negotiation skills along with the ability to positively influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and establish consensus within a group or team environment.
- Ability to establish and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization required.
- Incredible energy and passion with a resourceful attitude.
- Ability to react to change and thrive in a fast paced start-up environment.
At STS Direct Hire
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
or firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: