Press Officers - Fort Lauderdale, FL
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is currently hiring Press Officers
for full-time positions in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
.Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
Develops and executes communications plans. Prepares editorial materials, including press releases, pitches, and speeches, as well as develops, recommends and maintains editorial policy and branding guidelines. Maintains favorable relationships with news media, fosters new relationships the media, and manages interviews, press tours, press visits, etc.Job Duties:
- Proactively and effectively plans, executes and supports media relations programs for the company’s products and services, including press conferences, announcements and trade shows, helping to generate maximum positive media exposure.
- Researches, writes and edits press releases.
- Consults leadership, preparing speeches, white papers, Q&As and backgrounders.
- Develops, recommends and maintains editorial policy and branding guidelines.
- Conducts research and interviews to generate interesting storylines and targeted pitches.
- Maintains stakeholder mapping in order to assure correct contacts.
- Supports production of Marketing materials in alignment with the Marketing functions from all business units.
- Coordinates external corporate events, as well as media tours and visits.
- Monitors editorial coverage to gauge effectiveness of media outreach and prepares reports.
- Monitors trends in aviation in order to develop relevant PR plans.
- Develops target media lists for all verticals as well as targeted outreach strategies.
- Creates and edits external communications materials, such as bios, feature stories, articles, presentations and correspondence.
- Supports budget preparation and management.
- Maintains close liaison with target media, PR support firms, third parties and influencers.
- Supports the social media plan with relevant content for all business units.
- Collaborates with External Relations, Internal Communications, Investor Relations and Marketing to guarantee consistent messaging.
- Bachelor's degree in PR/Communications/Journalism.
- Generally 4-7 years of experience in a specialized functional discipline.
- Public Relations firm experience preferred.
- Comprehension and understanding of broad practices associated with PR.
- Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- Journalism techniques.
- Presentation techniques.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to work in a safe and professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
- 20% travel may be required.
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
At STS Direct Hire we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
.Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: