Are you an aircraft mechanic? Do you have restorationexperience? If so, EAA needs you!
EAA is currently hiring for an Aircraft Mechanic to join the team at EAA’s Kermit Weeks Hangar. This position would assist with maintenance of EAA’s fleet of airplanes, which includes working on the touring B-17 and assisting with the B-25 restoration project. EAA is seeking someone with experience in radial engines, dope, fabric, and
wood working. Restoration work on vintage and warbird aircraft is also a plus.
Performs all aspects of maintenance on company aircraft including, but not limited to, servicing, inspections, repairs and modifications. May handle special assignments such as supervision of volunteer program and support of company activities or events such as Pioneer Airport and the convention. Performs other duties as assigned. Works under general supervision. Employee is required to exercise initiative and good judgment in the performance of duties.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform routine servicing and maintenance on company aircraft duties in accordance with manufactures requirements and FAA regulations.
2. Perform routine and special inspections on company aircraft duties in accordance with manufactures requirements and FAA regulations.
3. Supervise maintenance performed by non-rated personnel in accordance with FAR’s.
4. Maintain and repair aircraft ground support equipment.
5. Perform duties in accordance with company, state and federal safety regulations and requirements.
6. Assist with preparation of EAA convention as assigned.Embrace and support the EAA mission and performs safe practices in the workplace and aviation environment. All other duties as assigned
1.Requires an FAA airframe and powerplant certificate.
2.All current FAA regulations that pertain to certificated mechanics are required.
3.Some travel may be required.
Job Ident #: