Aircraft Maintenance Technicians - Punta Gorda, FL
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is currently hiring Aircraft Maintenance Technicians
for full-time positions in Punta Gorda, Florida
.Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.Job Summary:
Maintenance Technicians are FAA certified Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) who perform direct maintenance in accordance with client maintenance program.Job Duties:
- Technicians working on aircraft, components or related parts of aircraft are responsible to perform work outlined on applicable work forms in accordance with client policies and procedures, manufacturer’s manuals, and FAA requirements.
- Overhaul, maintenance and repair of airframe components, power plants, aircraft communication, navigation equipment and associated components in accordance with client manuals, manufacturer’s manuals, bulletins, and orders.
- Ensure that the appropriate tag is attached to all parts removed from an aircraft in accordance with client policy.
- The Technician, in performing his or her duties is required to be constantly alert for defective, worn or failed parts as well as safe working conditions.
- Proper execution of an Airworthiness Release.
- Responsible to sign for accomplishment of work on applicable work forms and records.
- A Technician, when qualified, may be required to perform the duties of Inspector in accordance with the Inspector job classification as described in the manual.
- Responsible to keep the work area in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Will be assigned to such housekeeping duties as policing his or her work and/or repair area as well as maintenance of company property.
- Will process all necessary paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have A&P License and HS Diploma or Equivalent; College preferred.
- Must have two years aircraft maintenance experience in a Part 121, 135, or 145 environment; MD-80/B-757/A319/A320 experience preferred.
- Must have trouble shooting skills, avionics and sheet metal experience preferred.
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986.
- The work environment is primarily outdoors.
- Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.; Fit in tight places; Able to bend and lift objects above their head.
- Must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time.
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
- Must be willing to work a minimum of 15 % overtime annually.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
At STS Direct Hire
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
.Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: