IMMEDIATE NH Relocation - Sheetmetal Tech
Aviation Search Group •
We are a stable and growing corporate jet MRO that is seeking a Sheet Metal Technician. We are interviewing IMMEDIATELY for a Sheet Metal Technician that lives in or can relocate to the Manchester, NH area. We offer an excellent starting wage, benefits, and relocation if necessary.
This role would also entail some travel, one two two weeks at a time for AOG or remote customer maintenance activities.
- Accomplish airframe structural repairs and/or alterations, to include the installation of antennas, doublers, radios, racks, instruments and equipment.
- Manufacture or repair sheet metal items in accordance to written instructions, blueprints or engineering drawings.
- Read and interpret written instructions, blueprints or engineering drawings accurately.
- Accurately and legibly record each maintenance or alteration on the proper repair station and/or customer supplied forms (to include signature or initials).
- Maintain records such as work order documentation, logs and time & material records.
- Effectively research manufacturer’s data for appropriate repair procedures.
- Use of precision measurement tools, such as; calipers, scales, dial indicators, gauges and micrometers.
- Use of hand power tools.
- Open and close areas of the aircraft as required.
- Keep work area(s) clean and orderly.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Travel throughout the U.S. to work on aircraft at off-site locations.
- Remain presentable and respectable at all times while on the job.
- Perform Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certification required.
- FAA repair station experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in aircraft structural maintenance and repair.
- Be competent and experienced in the use of metal shears & metal brakes.
- Experience performing composite bonded repairs preferred.
- Experience with repairs cosmetic in nature to aircraft cabin interiors preferred.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Technical Requirements:Applicant must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, perform layout, forming, drilling/riveting and manufacturing of aircraft parts and assemblies (not limited to sheet metal).
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to document work on maintenance forms legibly.
- Good communication skills; both verbally and written.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work on knees, bend, crouch, and reach over head.
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
- Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel for one to two (1-2) weeks at a time as required.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident required.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DOD security clearance.
- Ability to pass a SIDA Security Background Check and D.O.T. drug/alcohol testing (*Drug screen and background check will be completed prior to work start).
Job Ident #: