Lead Aircraft Technicians - Los Angeles, CA
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is currently hiring Lead Aircraft Technicians
for full-time positions Los Angeles, California
.Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.Job Summary:
The Maintenance Team Lead is an “Aircraft Technician” who leads other Technicians in their day-to-day maintenance duties. This position is expected to perform the duties of a Maintenance Technician. They will also assume the duties of the Line Maintenance Supervisor, as assigned, when the Supervisor is absent.Job Duties:
- Laying out and assuming control of quality and quantity of work assignments.
- Review the log book for each RON or idle (3 hours or more) aircraft at the base for open write-ups and currency of the Service Check.
- See that work is performed in a safe manner and in accordance with company policy, manufacturers’ manuals and FAA requirements.
- Coordinate work and jobs in progress with oncoming mechanics during shift change.
- Ensure that paperwork, tags, etc., are properly filled out and signed, including tags for parts removed from aircraft.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Give on the job training instructions and information on job procedures, safety, and good work practices.
- Keep the Maintenance Supervisor advised of problems that could result in work delays.
- Take necessary action to ensure that maintenance personnel in his or her group are qualified to accomplish the duties assigned to them.
- Efficiently utilize manpower, making possible adjustments in methods and perfection of procedures to provide continuous improvement in efficiency and increase of production.
- Endeavor to increase his or her own knowledge by studying of technical material and study guides provided for that purpose.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have A&P License and HS Diploma or Equivalent; College preferred.
- Must have two years aircraft maintenance experience in a Part 121, 135, or 145 environment; MD-80/B-757/A319/A320 experience preferred.
- Must have troubleshooting skills; avionics and sheet metal experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986.
- The work environment is primarily outdoors.
- Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs; Fit in tight places; Able to bend and lift objects above their head.
- Must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time.
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
At STS Direct Hire
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
.Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: