Machinists - Tampa, FL
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is currently hiring Machinists
for a full-time position in Tampa, Florida
.Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.Job Description:
Machinists are responsible for operating the machines in their area. This may include vertical/horizontal milling, lathe, and swiss. Machinists are responsible for ensuring quality, troubleshooting, and achieving production goals.Job Duties:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications using various measuring tools such as: calipers, micrometers, and depth micrometers. Familiarity with CMM, GD&T, and SPC.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Complete the necessary paperwork and computer entry steps.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 3+ years of experience.
- 2 year machining degree preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Standing – Frequently; Bending and twisting – Occasionally; Lifting 1 - 10 lbs. – Frequently; Lifting up to 25 lbs. – Occasionally; Lifting up to 50 lbs. – Rarely; Use of close vision – Frequently; Use hands/fingers to reach, handle, and feel – Frequently.
At STS Direct Hire
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
or email@example.comThanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: