Maintenance Controller - Minneapolis, MN
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire, a leader in recruitment process outsourcing for the aviation industry, is seeking Maintenance Controllers. This is a full-time, permanent position based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Note: It is important to point out that STS Direct Hire offers its professional staffing services at no cost to you, the candidate.
The Maintenance Controller provides day-to-day maintenance operational oversight for a FAR Part 121 regional airline. They provide technical assistance to mechanics, flight crews and dispatchers, and for any and all maintenance discrepancies associated with aircraft repairs and servicing. This role acts as the main point of communication for the Maintenance Department to the following departments: Flight Operations, Dispatch, Technical Engineering and Logistics/Purchasing on all aircraft maintenance related issues. Other duties include coordinating with aircraft maintenance contract companies to insure safe and efficient operations and coordinating corporate resources to return airworthy aircraft on schedule.
Job Qualifications: Required:
- US Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant License.
- Minimum of 5 years background in aircraft/engines maintenance.
- Must have FAR Part 121 regional or mainline aircraft experience.
Experience should consist of:
- Associate’s Degree or higher.
- Prior experience working in a Maintenance Control Department.
- Prior maintenance experience with the Embraer E170/190 series aircraft.
- Working knowledge of computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training.
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems.
- Dispatch requirements.
- Use of specialized tools.
- Ground support equipment.
- Technical reports and forms.
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and Parts Catalogs.
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems.
- Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel, with little guidance.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the daily maintenance operation in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments.
At STS Direct Hire
, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc., please contact us at 877-707-5767
.Thanks so much, and we hope to hear from you soon!
Job Ident #: