Quality Control Supervisors - Minneapolis, MN
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire is currently hiring Quality Control Supervisors for a full-time position in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.Summary:
The Supervisor of Quality Control is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the Company’s Quality Control Inspection Team. This involves the leadership of a staff focused on the delivery of technical compliance, safety and inspection functions within the carrier’s technical operations. Ensure vendors meet and/ or exceed the Company’s maintenance program and regulatory requirements. Monitor all maintenance performed utilizing systems to ensure processes meet and/ or exceed Company standards. Ensure final product meets regulatory and Company requirements.
- Supervise inspection functions in accordance with the Company’s GMM, Manufacturer’s Maintenance Manual Procedures and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations to ensure that Company aircraft, engines, appliances, and components are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability.
- Provides Quality Oversight for all maintenance activities.
- Supervise all Quality Control Inspections to include but not limited to preliminary, in progress, hidden damage and final inspections.
- Provide oversight on Required Inspection Item (RII) and Buy Back Inspections.
- Supervise the Material Inspections Process for incoming aircraft components to ensure the use of legal, conforming and applicable parts and materials.
- Ensure there is proper Quality Oversight and surveillance by sampling of work performed to confirm maintenance practices and processes along with proper documentation is accomplished according to the Company’s maintenance program.
- Assures the use of approved data, materials, tools, test equipment and that a high standard of workmanship is present.
- Supervise the final review of all maintenance documents and CBTS records prior to records archival for completion, correctness, use of appropriate references to approved data.
- Ensure that all errors are logged into the Records Error database and Record Error Notices are generated for correction.
- Provide Oversight on Company processes, i.e. Calibrated Tools, Shelf Life Items, quarantine and scrapped parts, in assigned locations to ensure the processes are accomplished in accordance with company manuals.
- Designate and assign safety and housekeeping checks of hangar and line work areas as required or as designated by the Manager, Quality Control.
- Assist Manager, Quality Control in the on-site acceptance checks of additional aircraft to be added to the company’s Ops Specs.
- Provide guidance and assistance to maintenance personnel in order to train, maintain and enhance compliance to programs, policies, and procedures.
- Performs as a “Designated Instructor” in areas and/ or subjects as qualified and approved by the Manager, Maintenance Training and Manager, Quality Control.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A&P License with the ability to demonstrate use of it within the last 24 months
- 5 years of maintenance experience on CFR 14 Part 121 certificated aircraft of 50 passenger aircraft or larger
- 3 years of experience as a CFR 14 Part 121 aircraft inspector
- Able to hold and maintain Required Inspection Item (RII), Airworthiness Release Authorization (ARA) and Material Inspection (MI) authorization
- Knowledge of GMM, Maintenance Programs and other related company manuals
- Comprehensive understanding of Part 121 Regulations
- Experience with asset tracking programs, Technical Records requirements, and FAA liaison experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Business or related field
- Inspection experience under Part 121 Regulations in the capacity of Lead Inspector or Supervisor, Quality Control/ Inspection
- Prior experience selecting and training Inspectors, as well as Inspector training content development.
- Knowledge of aircraft inspections/audit processes and practices.
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs and technical standards.
- Be familiar the industry’s General Maintenance Manuals, Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form to various levels of the organization.
- Ability to supervise/coordinate internal and external investigations for Root Cause Analysis and report findings in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to travel and/or stay at various Company vendor maintenance sites, including international locations, and professionally represent the Company to internal and external entities.
- Responsible for the oversight of all maintenance performed on Company aircraft by contract vendors.
At STS Direct Hire
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
or firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: