Senior Maintenance Manager - Los Angeles, CA
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is accepting resumes for a Senior Maintenance Manager for a full-time position in Los Angeles, California.Job Description:
Under the general direction of the Senior Manager of Maintenance Operations, the LAX Line Maintenance Manager will provide management oversight and leadership of daily FAR part 121 aircraft maintenance operations and direction for the aircraft maintenance Supervisors and Mechanics assigned to their station.Job Duties:
- Ensure updates are provided to Maintenance Control as to status of work being performed on aircraft assigned to their station.
- Ensure that coordination with Maintenance Control on movement of staffing levels, parts and tools to off-site work locations (i.e. road trips) is being accomplished.
- Ensure a complete turnover of events that occurred during the day is accomplished by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure payroll is submitted correctly and on time.
- Provide adequate scheduling to ensure the current operational demand at their station is met. Justify additional headcount, specialized tools, or ground equipment to meet operational needs.
- Point of contact for issues regarding the repair and servicing of office equipment and ground support equipment at their station.
- Coordinate contract vendor activity, if required.
- Maintain an orderly and organized shop area.
- Manage, order, and maintain adequate supplies of various aircraft parts and consumables.
- Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site and the Minneapolis Corporate site to continue to develop your professional skills.
- Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Be a U.S. Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the U.S.
- Have a valid high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Hold a valid mechanic certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role as a Maintenance Supervisor or higher.
- Minimum 10 years experience utilizing A&P license on air transport category aircraft.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs with specific attention to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- At least one year of Line Maintenance Supervisory experience
- Experience and/or familiarization with the following: Maintenance Control, Materials, GSE, and/or QA/QC functions
- EMBRAER 170/175, 190 experiences is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be fluent in the English language.
- Valid passport is highly desirable.
- Basic mathematical competency.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, Science, Math or aviation related discipline
- Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance, managing a workforce of Mechanics and other Technical Support personnel.
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Payroll and time keeping requirements
- Employee evaluation reporting and work improvement programs
- Discipline programs in accordance with the company policy manual
- Manpower and tool purchasing justification
- Monitoring budgetary accounts
- Interview and hiring practices
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills. Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
- Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel in nature, with little guidance.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the maintenance operation in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
At STS Direct Hire
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
or email@example.comThanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: