Sheet Metal Mechanics
Basler Turbo Conversions •
Basler Turbo Conversions is looking to hire Sheet Metal Mechanics at their factory headquarters in Oshkosh WI. This is a Full time, first shift position with opportunities for overtime. Pay range is $16.50 – $25.00+ / Hr. commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefit package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K (with employer matching), Paid Holidays, Vacation, Life Insurance etc.
Basler Turbo Conversions, LLC, is a member of the Goodale family of companies, producing a completely remanufactured and modified C47/DC-3 aircraft called the BT-67. We take the legendary DC-3 and subject it to the industry’s most extensive remanufacturing process. Built into each airframe is the sum of our knowledge and our propriety processes, along with the world-class Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67R engines and Hartzell propellers. In its new form, the BT-67 is 35% larger, carries 43% more load and flies 24% faster than the original. The BT-67 is sold, supported and operated around the world from Sub Saharan Africa to the South Pole. Check us out on the web at www.baslerturbo.com. Equal opportunity employer.
- Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs aircraft sheet metal parts.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials.
- Shapes metal material over anvil, block, or other form.
- Trims, files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces.
- Comply with 14 CFR (as applicable), manufacturer’s specifications, company policies, and procedures, as well as other methods accepted by the FAA, when accomplishing maintenance.
- Conduct on-the-job training as assigned.
- Maintain the maintenance work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on aircraft structural assemblies and subassemblies such as wings, stabilizers, flight controls.
- Work with or without established blueprints to fabricate, drill, dimple, file, grind, trim, countersink and install aircraft structural assemblies and subassemblies.
- A wide variety of duties are performed such as dismantling, overhauling, repairing, fabricating, assembling, inspecting and erecting all parts of an aircraft.
- Use of hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- May disassemble, modify, rework, re-assemble, complex structures and systems.
- Work with composites if interested.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience manufacturing simple to complex mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Experience using hand tools, power tools, and machinery such as drill presses, rivet and hardware presses.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Must have basic mechanical skills.
- Well rounded knowledge of sheet metal tooling, equipment, materials, and processes, strongly preferred.
- Must own basic set of aircraft maintenance tools.
- Must take instruction and guidance well.
- Must be goal oriented, have an exceptional attention to detail, and must work well in team situations and also as an individual.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending, stooping, kneeling and working overhead for long periods of time.
- Enthusiasm to learn.
- A drive for process improvement and learning our aircraft and systems.
- High energy level.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work at both a fast pace and high quality level.
- Team Spirit.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol tests.
- Be authorized to work in the US.
- 3+ years structural sheet metal experience.
- General aviation experience performing annual inspections and maintenance.
- Experience working with composites and fabric flight controls.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Experience working on a C47/DC3.
- Airframe and Powerplant certificate
Job Ident #: