Sheet Metal Mechanics - Detroit, MI
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is now hiring Sheet Metal Mechanics
to help install GoGo Wifi systems on a fleet of commercial aircraft in Detroit, Michigan
. Applicants must have at least five years of recent structures experience
in order to be considered.
Also, and this is important, these are not contract positions. Each successful hire will join the full-time workforce
of STS Direct Hire
.Note: STS offers its recruitment services to you, the candidate, for free.
Each Sheet Metal Mechanic we hire will perform heavy modifications on commercial aircraft in an effort to install new WiFi antennae systems. Your duties will include all structural modifications necessary to ensure the compliant and successful completion of each aircraft installation.Duties:
- Heavy structural repairs and modifications on A320 and 737 aircraft.
- Remove and install skin doublers associated with the WiFi modification.
- Read work orders, blueprints, and specifications.
- Examine sample or damaged parts / structures to determine repairs, fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on aircraft in the precise location(s) where components are to be installed.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Clean, strip, prime, and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to installation of parts and components.
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages using a drill and punch.
- Remove and install rivets and / or hi-loks using the proper tooling for job being performed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Benefits:STS Direct Hire
- Must have at least 5 years aviation sheet metal experience.
- Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modifications, E.A.'s, etc. with very little to no assistance.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently (i.e., IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM.).
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, and blueprint drawings.
- An A&P license is preferred but not required for this role.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid and clear driver's license.
offers direct deposits / electric payroll options, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Call us at 1-877-707-5767
.Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job Ident #: