Sheet Metal Mechanics - Edwards AFB, CA
STS Aviation Group •
STS AeroStaff Services
is currently hiring Sheet Metal Mechanics
for positions in Edwards AFB, California
.Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.Job Duties:
- Read and interpret F-22 engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
- Utilizes tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic riveter.
- Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches
- Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
- Bonding of aircraft parts, assemblies and materials on complete and incomplete aircraft where methods and operational sequences are not established, complete information is not readily available, and tooling is not provided or is inadequate, exercising a complete knowledge of bonding practices and procedures.
- Makes layouts and locates parts and material for exacting fit where critical surface contours, edge distances or coordinated dimensions must be established and maintained.
- Completes all bonding operations exercising ingenuity in determining the most efficient fabrication and assembly methods;
- Verifies application/condition of installed materials for conformity to specifications and determines material and time required to perform repairs.
- Removes, takes corrective action and makes reinstallations where design and modification changes.
- Sets up and operates various types of material testers and mixers.
- Record data and procedural information for future use by others.
- Improvises shop aids to facilitate fabrication, application or assembly operations.
- Fabricates shims, brackets and plates as required and performs assembly operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, riveting, reforming and fitting of parts and details, and removing burrs or other surface imperfections as required.
Benefits:STS AeroStaff Servi
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in fighter aircraft maintenance is required.
- F-22 experience is required.
- Knowledgeable of Tool Control, FOD, Supply, HAZMAT, Training, Quality, and Security programs.
ces offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787
.Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job Ident #: