Base Manager - Maintenance - Los Angles, CA
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is currently hiring a Base Manager – Maintenance
for a full-time position in Los Angeles, California
.Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.Job Duties:
- Overall responsibility for the Company’s LAX Maintenance operation.
- Takes direction from and coordinates with the Senior Manager, Maintenance Operations and Director of Maintenance
- Oversight of the LAX Line Maintenance and Production Managers to ensure efficient use of staffing through establishing proper work assignments, efficient pre-shift preparation, and ensuring that each individual is engaged in assisting others after completion of the assigned tasks.
- Responsible for coordinating timely and accurate communication of real time work progress, anticipated delays, AOS status, daily turnovers, staffing requirements, or any other information necessary to ensure an efficient operation.
- Responsible for ensuring individual technician training requirements are identified, working with the Technical Operations Training department as required. Coordinate with the LAX Maintenance Administrative Assistant to ensure scheduling and travel arraignments are met.
- Responsible for ensuring the on-the-job (OJT) technical training process is followed.
- Responsible for ensuring payroll is submitted correctly and on time.
- Responsible for ensuring LAX maintenance is compliant with the read and record process.
- Author proposals/justifications for specialized tools, or ground support equipment to meet operational needs of the LAX maintenance operation.
- Responsible for ensuring that the LAX Maintenance operation is adequately staffed to approved headcount levels, working with the Recruiting Department in filing positions through the entire new hire process.
- Responsible for ensuring LAX Maintenance personnel annual performance reviews are completed and processed on time.
- Providing detailed weekly operational reports to the Senior Manager, Maintenance Operations and Director of Maintenance as required.
- Help promote a culture of safety, honesty and respect for others at their work location in accordance with company policy manuals.
- Leading and directing special projects as necessary.
- Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site to continue to develop your professional skills.
- Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- United States citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum ten years of FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance experience.
- Two years of experience in a supervisory role as a Maintenance Supervisor or equivalent.
- PC literate with skills in Microsoft Office
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Valid driver’s license
- Good communication skills and be able to read and write fluently in the English Language.
- To the extent of the responsibilities required, possess a full understanding of the following materials with the respect to the Company's operation:
- Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
- 14 CFR Chapter I (Federal Aviation Regulations)
- The Company's Operations Specifications
- All appropriate maintenance and airworthiness requirements contained with the FARs Parts 1,21,23,25,43,45,47,65,91,121.
- Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance, managing a workforce of Maintenance Controllers, Mechanics and other Technical Support personnel.
- Experience should consist of:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Payroll and time keeping requirements
- Employee evaluation reporting and work improvement programs
- Discipline programs in accordance with the company policy manual
- Manpower and tool purchasing justification
- Monitoring budgetary accounts
- Interview and hiring practices
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills; can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
- Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel in nature, with little guidance.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the LAX maintenance operation in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
At STS Direct Hire
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
or firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: