Configuration Manager - Chino, CA
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is currently hiring Configuration Manager
for a full-time position in Chino, California
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.Job Duties:
- Develop and execute processes, procedures, and forms for document management, change control, and production release.
- Apply engineering principles in the review and adjudication of documents, participates in audits, and implements improvement plans as needed while coordinating the general configuration management of engineering documents, drawings, and models compliant with corporate and industry standards.
- Manage the formal document modifications and releases through company change management processes.
- Lead effort to determine estimated cost and schedule for proposed engineering changes in Configuration Control Board meetings (CCB), effectively communicate changes to all departments and generate status reports.
- Create and drive Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) through the systems.
- Facilitate and coordinate approvals within the organization for Engineering Changes.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the Technical Data Package (TDP) documents, including required quality assurance information, in describing design of the item, subassemblies, and component parts.
- Ensure that the design described by the TDP documents is a configuration is FAA approved.
- Develop, implement, manage, and enforce the Quality Assurance plan in conjunction with the other department Directors, Managers, and Leads.
- Ensure quality of products and services and make recommendations to the Program Management, Operations, and Engineering.
- Ensure that quality processes are developed in conjunction with the user requirements.
- Work as senior member of a team to establish parameters and specifications.
- Support specialized engineering and technical services required to support Company aircraft.
- Perform studies, validation, verification, prototyping, troubleshooting, and testing to support ERP,
- MRP, EPDM systems and subsystems.
- Propose production aircraft cut-in and any service action for design changes based on engineering’s recommendation.
- Ensure a smooth implementation of approved changes and monitor schedule.
- Engineering and technical services include, but are not limited to:
- Enhanced engineering design and analysis capability;
- Aircraft modification support;
- Operational capability improvements;
- Analyzing and recommending aircraft availability improvements;
- Recommending reliability and maintainability actions;
- Performing replacement system analysis;
- Assisting with resolving deficiency reports;
- Assisting with aircraft troubleshooting/repair;
- Performing logistics studies;
- Developing Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs);
- Developing/submitting TO change packages;
- Determining parts obsolescence solutions;
- Addressing/correcting drawing deficiencies;
- Assisting with mishap investigations/reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribe style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency of MS Word, Adobe PDF, Excel, Catia, Solidworks, MS Project, MS Office, IE Explorer and Google.
- Must have ability to provide fair and objective analysis for procedural and process error reporting, and have the ability to work as a team with various departmental disciplines.
- Must be able to publicly communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, and establish quality system determinations made concur with established quality system procedures and processes.
- A bachelor’s degree in in business administration, engineering, or related discipline with at least five years experience in similar role.
- At least nine (9) years of aerospace-related configuration management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in utilizing EPDM, PLM and MRP systems.
- Experience in SolidWorks and CATIA.
- Must have a solid understanding of Software Configuration Management and be responsive to the needs of Project Management, Engineering, Operations.
- Must be able to ensure that we deliver quality software to our customers in a timely manner.
- Must possess ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Must have strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- CMII Configuration Management Certification.
- Experience with Configuration Management in general aviation commercial aircraft certification.
At STS Direct Hire
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
or email@example.comThanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: