Line Maintenance Managers - LAX - Los Angeles, CA
STS Aviation Group •
STS Direct Hire
is currently hiring Line Maintenance Managers
for a full-time position in Los Angeles, California
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.Job Duties:
- Ensure updates are provided to Base Manager and/or Maintenance Control as to status of work being performed on aircraft assigned to their station.
- Ensure that coordination with Maintenance Control on movement of staffing levels, parts and tools to off-site work locations (i.e. road trips) is being accomplished.
- Ensure a complete turnover of events that occurred during the day is accomplished by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure payroll is submitted correctly and on time.
- Provide adequate scheduling to ensure the current operational demand at their station is met.
- Justify additional headcount, specialized tools, or ground equipment to meet operational needs.
- Point of contact for issues regarding the repair and servicing of office equipment and ground support equipment at their station.
- Provide direct supervision of line maintenance employees including providing guidance and discipline and discharge when necessary.
- Coordinate contract vendor activity, if required.
- Ensure than an orderly and organized shop area is maintained.
- Ensure that adequate supplies of various aircraft parts and consumables are ordered and maintained.
- Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site and the Minneapolis Corporate site to continue to develop your professional skills.
- Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and/or familiarization with the following:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the U.S.
- Have a valid high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Hold a valid mechanic certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role as a Maintenance Supervisor or higher.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience utilizing A&P license on air transport category aircraft.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs with specific attention to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- At least one year of Line Maintenance Supervisory experience
- Materials, GSE, and/or QA/QC functions
- EMBRAER 170/175, 190 experiences is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be fluent in the English language.
- Valid passport is highly desirable.
- Basic mathematical competency.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, Science, Math or aviation related discipline
- Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance, managing a workforce of Mechanics and other Technical Support personnel.
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Experience troubleshooting
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Payroll and time keeping requirements
- Management of employees
- Manpower and tool purchasing justification
- Monitoring budgetary accounts
- Staffing including interviewing and hiring in conjunction with Recruiting
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
- Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel in nature, with little guidance.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the maintenance operation in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
At STS Direct Hire
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc... please contact us at 1-877-707-5767
or firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Ident #: