Chief Instructor, Aviation Training Center
Bridgewater State University •
General Statement of Duties:
- The Chief Instructor provides direct supervision of BSU Aviation flight and ground training instructional delivery.
- Supervision Received: Reports to the Director of Operations.
- Supervision Exercised: Staff Assistants, Ground and Flight Instructor staff.
This is a Full-time, 12-month position which falls within the APA Union
- Ensure the safety and effective delivery of daily ground and flight training operations.
- Supervise FAA Part 141 and 61 ground and flight training course development and execution to meet university and Aviation Science department goals and objectives.
- Supervise regulatory compliance of all administrative operations with applicable university, local, state and federal regulatory requirements, including currency of BSU Aviation’s FAA Part 141 Air Agency Certificate.
- Serve as primary liaison with
- BSU Aviation’s FAA Principal Operations Inspector
- BSU Aviation’s FAA Maintenance Inspector
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Designated Pilot Examiner(s)
- Work cooperatively with Aviation Science Department Chair to recruit, select and train appropriate faculty ensure proper student enrollment, progress, and completion of ground and flight training courses
- Conduct on-site flight and ground evaluations with students and staff, as appropriate.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise Ground and Flight Instructor staff.
- Provide professional development opportunities for Ground and Flight Instructor staff.
- Supervise development and execution of BSU Aviation in-house ground and flight training publications.
- Promote and participate in industry safety and education efforts (e.g. FAASTeam membership)
- Advise the Director of Operations regarding:
- Personnel, equipment, facility, airport and information technology needs
- Personnel and equipment resource utilization
- Student performance metrics in ground and flight training courses
- Staff and student training initiatives and outcomes
- Airport and operational area issues
- Serve as an adviser for the university Flight Team.
- Conduct appropriate annual professional development activity.
- Performs other duties as necessary to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Meet FAA 14 CFR Part 141.35 Chief Instructor Qualifications
- Evidence of strong administrative, communication, and marketing skills with effective understanding of aviation student needs.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information; excellent organizational and time management skills with a high level of accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to deal tactfully with others and maintain professional working relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Banner systems
- Knowledge of higher education principles, practices, and procedures.
Salary range is $65,000 to $70,000.
Please apply online at https://jobs.bridgew.edu
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Job Ident #: