Peabody Energy •
If you enjoy the outdoors, consider this: 15 minutes to skiing, 40 minutes to Sedona, 1.5 hours to the Grand Canyon, 2 hours to Phoenix, only 4 hours to Las Vegas, and conveniently located near year-round golfing, hunting and fishing.
Peabody Western Coal Company has an opening for a Regional Captain. The primary responsibility of the position is to ensure the safety, efficiency and accurate operation of daily flights from Flagstaff, AZ to Peabody’s Arizona Mine Complex. The position is Pilot in Command of a Beechcraft 1900D, a two Pilot, Twin-Engine Turboprop Aircraft. It is essential that the Regional Captain contribute to planning and maintaining the effectiveness of the flight department.
The successful candidate is required to possess
- FAA ATP (Multi-Engine Airline Transport Pilot Certificate) in-type without limitation or endorsement
- Have a minimum of 5,000 Hours Total Flying Time
- 2,000 Hours Pilot in Command Multi-Engine Time
- 2,000 Hours Turbine Time.
- Candidate must also possess Crew Resource Management experience,
- Current 1st Class FAA Medical Certificate and must have solid IFR experience with no violations.
- It is preferred that the successful candidate have type rating to operate a BE1900D Aircraft including EFIS/FMS experience.
- Candidate must successfully complete semi-annual training and pass a flight check conducted by a representative of the FAA on all flight maneuvers and emergency procedures listed in CFR Title 14 Part 61.58.
- Regional Captain will be trained and certified to operate an Automatic Electronic Defibrillator (AED) and complete a regular course of in flight medical illness and injury.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a high level of skill in the aeronautical environment and must possess superior decision making abilities.
- The position also requires that the person must have excellent communication and comprehension skills and be able to write documents and reports proficiently in English.
- The person must also be able to operate a personal computer, and have a good knowledge of computer software, (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). This position may entail the need to work beyond “normal hours”.
This is a staff position and a salary will be set that will be commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position, as well as the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Normal staff benefits apply, including 401(k), medical, dental and vision.
Online applications will be accepted until 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 6, 2016.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities – Native American Preference Employer
EEO Disclaimer:Peabody Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Job Ident #: