1. Perform maintenance, testing, inspections and weapons loading and down loading of the F/A-18. This includes removal and replacement of aircraft armament equipment.
2. Assist the Avionics work center in the performance of weapons release and control systems checks.
3. Troubleshoot and repair armament systems and arm, launch, recover and de-arm aircraft.
4. Support on-the-job training and cross training of KAF personnel.
1. Minimum of four years experience is required in weapons loading and down loading and systems maintenance on the F/A-18 aircraft.
2. Must be proficient with the loading, down loading and handling of various weapons to include bombs, AIM-9, AIM-7, AGM-65 and AGM-84.
3. Must be physically qualified to handle and load heavy ordnance materials.
4. Must be proficient with F/A-18 weapons release and control system checks.
5. Must have a thorough knowledge of Visual Information Display System/Maintenance Action Form documentation procedures, and applicable technical publications.
6. Must have completed F/A-18 Fleet Replaceable Aviation Maintenance Program, an F/A-18 Weapons Loading Course and a corrosion control course.
7. Thorough understanding of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2, OPNAVINST 8000.16 Series, and NAVSEA OP-5 and F/A-18 related technical manuals.
8. No security clearance required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or Protected veteran status.