ONIT Aviation is seeking Contractor - Airframe Systems Integration Zone Lead Coordinator/TS II - Req 86470 in GAC Savannah
The primary objective for the Airframe Systems Integration group is to ensure designs are fully integrated between the multiple design disciplines as well as manufacturing and maintainability. Other important objectives included supporting Design for Manufacturing goals of part standardization and part count reduction and providing requirements and processes for each phase of the design process.
1. Manages Installation Design of primary aircraft barrel assemblies.
2. Coordinates integration of airframe and system installations. Holds planning and review meetings as needed. Manages and reviews schedules.
3. Manages the coordination and development of parts, planning, tooling & purchase orders.
4. Has oversight over the release of engineering documentation.
5. Responsible for interface definition & configuration control of a specific aircraft barrel section.
6. Reviews engineering and manufacturing release criteria.
7. Defines when sufficient review cycle criteria have been met. Conducts risk analysis for remaining tasks.
1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
2. Experience in communicating with employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
3. Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
4. Current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in the structures/systems design disciplines 3D / MBD data requirements, as well as all interrelated disciplines of design build teams.
5. Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements
6. Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
7. Use and understanding of Dimensioning and tolerancing including familiarity with ASME Y14.5 a must.
8. Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
9. Applies extensive and diversified knowledge of industry fabrication practices for aircraft parts.
10. Performs other duties as assigned
11. CATIA Knowledgeware and SmarTeam experience desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Position Purpose:Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
2. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Languages Required (in addition to English): No Selection
Requisition Number: 86470
Department: J0662-Data Integrity
Number of Openings: 1.0