Prepares, analyzes, and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Prepares journal entries for all accounts in assigned areas; ensures timeliness, precision and accuracy of resources used in preparing entry.
2. Prepares and reconciles various assigned general ledger accounts; analyzes variances; ensures timeliness and accuracy.
3. Conducts assigned account audits.
4. Reviews balance sheet for accounts in assigned areas; accounts for any irregularities, researches issues, answers questions and communicates any issues to the manager.
5. Collaborates with other finance and other staff to support overall reporting requirements.
6. Works with 3rd party vendors as required.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
Bachelors degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Accounting, Finance or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience. No prior experience necessary. Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION or EXPERIENCE
At least 1 year of related experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Makes limited decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to established precedents and policies. Impact of decisions is moderately low.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to sit, and use hands over 70 of the time.
Able to focus with clear vision at 20 inches or less (computer screen).
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.