Join an innovative company with over 40 years of success in the airline industry. Empire Airlines is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join our team!
Empire Airlines has been a FedEx Feeder operator since 1988, providing flight and maintenance services throughout the Western United States. Our fleet of aircraft consists of ATR 42s, ATR 72s and Cessna 208 Caravans which operate from 18 bases and service over 40 cities, moving FedEx overnight cargo.
**For more information and to apply online, please visit our Jobs Page which is accessible through our website at: https://empireairlines.com/home/careers/corporate-operations/
The Accounting Clerk will perform a variety of basic support functions within the Accounting Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process incoming company accounts payable invoices utilizing POs, monthly contracts (such as FedEx), authorized approvals, etc. Generate accounts receivable and ensure vendors are paid accurately and A/P duties are carried out efficiently, including taking available discounts.
- Process incoming expense reports, and audit for appropriate documentation; process check requests for prepaid items, travel, moving advances, etc.; process and generate hourly per diem on a weekly basis.
- Open, sort and distribute all incoming mail; file all required documents and receipts; serves as a proxy fuel auditor.
- Research, process and pay monthly corporate credit accounts, including FedEx Freight, AVIS, and Diner’s. Follows up with employees and vendors to ensure all receipts are present and any purchase orders are completed.
- Works closely with purchasing to obtain final invoices from vendors related to aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul.
- Scan invoices in a timely manner, and in accordance with Empire’s document retention policy.
- Serve as positive role model for ethical behavior, and promote and support the mission of Empire Airlines.
- Other related duties as assigned.