The Staff Accountant and AR Administrator has three primary areas of responsibility:
1. Client Invoicing and Accounts Receivable Administration – Customer Invoicing and Collections for all respective group entities.
2. Accounts Payable – periodic/weekly check runs and check writing. Cross-trained periodic back up to AP
personnel as needed, including posting of vendor invoices into Sage.
3. General Ledger – Journal entries, credit card, account, bank and sub-ledger reconciliations, and audit support, and functions as assistant to the
Controller. Essential Job Functions
1. Invoicing and Accounts Receivable
• Issue timely and accurate customer invoices via mail or email and enter into SAGE 500, with proper coding.
• Maintain invoices log for controller’s bank reporting purposes.
• Maintain customer relations to facilitate payment/collection of outstanding invoices.
• Perform collection calls to customers for past-due accounts.
• Application of customer payments against open invoices in SAGE 500.
• Issuance and application of credit memos.
• Account Reconciliations.
• Provide other assistance with the accounts receivable function as needed.
2. Accounts Payable
• Maintain check register and generate timely and accurate periodic check runs with support for authorized signatories.
• Provide cross-trained back up for AP personnel as needed, including receipt and entry of vendor invoices intoSAGE 500 payable, with proper associated general ledger coding.
3. General Ledger
• Generation of monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries.
• Credit card reconciliation in support of AP function.
• Perform timely bank, GL and sub-ledger account reconciliations as assigned.
• Assist in periodic audits by downloading or pulling requested documents.
• Prepare timely accurate reports and/or analyses as needed for operations or accounting department.
• Support controller with period end close
• Perform other assigned accounting and reporting duties as needed.
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Personnel may occasionally be required to lift and carry objects of a reasonable weight.