CBA Production Control Coordinator - AIMD Program
Vertex Aerospace •
We are seeking a Production Control Coordinator at our AIMD Program in Kingsville, TX. The successful candidate coordinates the daily operations of Production Control. Maintains the Visual Display System (VIDS) / Maintenance Action Forms (MAFS), logbooks and associated records and other files and records as necessary in the Production Control work center.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible to record and report discrepancies to the proper work center, maintaining registers, status boards, and process discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Responsible to maintain 4790/51 support equipment records/log sets.
- Be familiar with the duties assigned to all personnel within the Production Control work center to such a degree that you could be assigned to accomplish those tasks if necessary. Fill out VIDS/MAF’s received from maintenance technicians in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series and other applicable Navy instructions and company instructions.
- Screen completed VIDS/MAF’s for correct entries and data.
- Assign Job Control Numbers (JCN's).
- Complete maintenance data forms and screen for completeness and correctness. Initiate and distribute VIDS/MAF's for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and equipment inspections in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series as required. Initiate work requests.
- Maintain VIDS Board in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series and other applicable Navy instructions and company instructions.
- Verify VIDS Board with AWP, ASD, and work centers, and resolve discrepancies. When qualified and authorized may assign logistics priorities for required parts. Generate NALCOMIS reports as required for Management.
- Generate SESS Availability Report for Management.
- Schedule components and test equipment for maintenance, repair, or calibration in accordance with the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series and other applicable Navy instructions and company instructions.
- Notify Supply when a priority one item(s) is/are ready for pick-up.
- Collect/submit inputs for the Monthly Maintenance Plan (MMP) and prepare MMP for issuance. Detects trends and predicts maintenance and supply requirements.
- Prepares daily and weekly status reports as required.
- Ensure Electronic Sensitive Devices (ESD) are properly protected.
- Generate and adjust ad-hoc queries for reports and/or data collection as required for Management.
- May be required to perform duties of Supply Clerk as needed.
- Perform all required tasks associated with the current NALCOMIS System. Responsible for overall Production Control daily operations.
- Accurately complete and sign individual employee daily timesheets.
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention and Tool Control rules and regulations including participation in FOD walk down when directed. Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around your assigned work area.
- Comply with established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities, and job assignment.
- Maintain appropriate records of all work accomplished.
- Comply with established Hazardous Material/Waste Programs and Local, State, and Federal Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
- Perform simple computer input and extraction functions.
- May be required to perform duties of HAZMAT/HazWaste Custodian or Assistant Custodian when authorized and designated.
- Assist when directed to ensure safety, security, and preservation of government-owned and company-owned equipment and property.
- Share technical knowledge with other company employees to enhance the accomplishment of assigned tasks.
- May be required to assist other employees in the performance of their duties. Perform other duties when directed.
- May be required to pass a respirator physical and wear a respirator while performing work related duties.
- Initiate reports required under the Naval Aviation Maintenance Discrepancy Reporting Program (NAMDRP).
- When directed, assist management in investigating reports of defective material, workmanship, or work sites incidents.
- Required to handle hazardous materials in the performance of assigned duties. Attend meetings/training when directed.
- Assist in the search for lost tools/items when directed.
- May be required to operate a forklift.
- Maybe temporarily assigned to work at NAS Corpus Christi.
- Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards
As a government contractor, Vertex Aerospace requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Executive Order 14042. Exceptions to this policy are granted on a case-by-case basis for those that request a religious or medical accommodation. A vaccination status form and proof of vaccination, if applicable, are required.
- Must be able to obtain a government Common Access Card (CAC) within six (6) months and maintain the required Security Clearance.
- Must have above-average knowledge of Navy Maintenance Data Systems (MDS’s), Material Reports (MR’s), and NALCOMIS as referenced in COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series. Be able to perform all required tasks associated with the current NALCOMIS System. Have a working knowledge of contract performance work statements.
- Be able to input data and extract necessary information and reports utilizing NALCOMIS/MDR’s.
- Have extensive working knowledge of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series, applicable Maintenance Requirements Cards (MRC's), Maintenance Instruction Manuals (MIM's), Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPB's), Technical Directives (TD's), Navy instructions, manufacturer's manuals, and company instructions.
- Must be able to effectively interface with Customers, Government Representatives, and Production Division personnel.
- Must have five (5) years of maintenance/production control experience and three (3) years of experience in production supervision with specialized experience in Naval Aviation maintenance practices and Naval Aviation Visual Information Display System (VIDS)/NALCOMIS procedures.
- Must have a valid state operator's license and be able to pass the government licensing requirements for support equipment and forklifts.
- Obtain and maintain all applicable GSE Licenses.
- Be able to input data and extract necessary information and reports utilizing NALCOMIS and another computer
- Must become familiar with Company and Government Environmental, Health and Safety, Quality Control and Property Control policies and procedures and local operating procedures within sixty (60) Days of the date of hire or assignment to
- Must be able to read, speak, write legibly and understand the English
- Knowledge of materials used and safety precautions as applicable to
- Must have the ability to accurately carry out written and verbal orders, instructions and Must be able to work weekends, other shifts, and overtime as required.
- The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
- Some travel will be required.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)