The Communications Specialist is responsible for overall communications programs related to specific business lines and departments within Textron Aviation, designed to promote the products and company. This position works closely with members of the Senior Leadership Team on a consistent basis in developing key communications plans and materials.
The position will create and implement a comprehensive external and internal communications program, designed to inform, educate and engage external and internal stakeholders on the company’s products and position within the marketplace via a number of communications channels.
- Create, implement and oversee external communications programs and public relations activities, including workforce and product announcements, news release development, media events and interview execution and news coverage dissemination. This includes travel to key domestic and international tradeshows and other venues involving media and company executives.
- Develop effective relationships with key members of the media and serve as an official company spokesperson with responsibility for media relations strategies for local, trade, business, consumer and international media.
- Coordinate projects with international public relations agencies to ensure relevant coverage in key global markets.
- Coordinate creation and dissemination of content for various channels, including employee, customer and social media platforms, by leveraging internal and external resources.
- Provide counsel and support for crisis management and executive communications, including aiding in the preparation of key external presentations, talking points and/or speeches as needed for senior leaders.
- Develop and sustain processes to continually improve the efficiency of the communications function and channels, including measuring impact of communications and accuracy of resulting coverage.
- Partner with other Textron business units to leverage communications opportunities, specifically around joint presence at tradeshows and events.