Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Valair Aviation •
The objective for this position is promoting environmental health and safety in the work place and ensuring compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement:
· Perform routine environmental health and safety inspections/audits throughout all facilities.
· Investigate, determine root cause, create reports, and properly record incidents and accidents.
· Work closely with Supervisors and Human Resources in coordination of information for all on the job injuries and prepare 1st Report of Injury form for submission to Worker’s Compensation Insurance Carrier.
· Responsible for ensuring all applicable Safety and Environmental Health posters in all common areas are up to date and pertinent to industry.
· Ensure all employees are issued and utilizing job specific Personal Protection Equipment as required.
· Assist/Coordinate with providing First Aid to injured employees at all company facilities and transporting them to occupational health clinic as deemed necessary.
· Create and maintain a current Emergency Evacuation Route.
· Create and maintain trained/certified First Responders and their equipment.
· Responsible for training, maintaining and tracking employee requirements for health and safety regulations.
· Maintain the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) system.
· Provide support to management regarding safety regulations.
· Manage accurate and timely reporting to Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and other relevant organizations.
· Conduct Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
· Develop, implement and maintain programs as they pertain to work place environmental health and safety.
· Initiate, manage and be the chair of an organizational Safety Committee.
· Perform and record Hazardous Waste Disposal weekly inspections.
· Responsible for maintaining waste storage tanks at all company facilities.
· Responsible for Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) compliance rainfall recording and sampling, site inspections and maintaining compliance records.
· Work with management to develop safety related goals and targets and track progress towards them
• Strong understanding of industry rules, regulations, and legal codes
• Good mentoring, training, and feedback skills
• Good project management and budgeting skills
• Strong customer-service orientation
• Strong organizational and attention to detail skills to ensure programs and deadlines are maintained
• Exhibits a professional manner and attitude
• Strong interpersonal skills to successfully manage large, high-impact, multi-discipline teams
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Required Education and Experience
Education: Bachelors of Science in Industrial Safety or equivalent degree or equivalent and relevant work related experience required.
Experience: Five (5) years of facility environmental, health and safety administration or management
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite Products
Laws/Regulations: Working knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations (OSHA, EPA, etc.)
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience: Work experience in an Aviation environment or FAA/DOT regulated industry is highly desired.
Current, valid driver’s license.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to accomplish any and all duties with little or no assistance.
Must have good command of the English language; oral and written.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Employee must be a US citizen.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC