Global Trade Specialist (Hybrid)
Collins Aerospace •
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry.
Our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers.
Our team is looking for a self-motivated and confident Global Trade Specialist with a global trade background to work with our product classification team. This is a key position that sets the foundation for the export and import of the companys products and technical information.This position is a hybrid (remote and onsite) role.
- Support the development of processes and tools to support the network of individuals, called Global Trade site focals, responsible for site GT procedure implementation, communications, site council meetings, and other administrative requirements for export compliance.
- This is done through focal identification, training, mentoring, communication forums, and maintaining site metrics.
- Provide guidance to various site functional teams regarding visitor management, technology marking, technology transfer methods, international travel workflow, reporting and other administrative requirements for export or import compliance.
- Export Licensing (ITAR/EAR), Managing and drafting of export licenses, training, administrative activities.
- Review and disposition of GTS and other ERP system blocks, visitor management requests, Texport requests, international travel workflow, and other workflows as required.
- Project management and reporting on GT Program Health.
- Perform Export (Commodity, Technology/Technical Data, and Software) and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) Classification determinations under US and non-US regulations.
- Assists with regulatory interpretation and guidance in the following areas: Anti-boycott/Restrictive Trade Practices, Export Control Classification, Compliance training, Export Documentation, Tariff Classification, Sanctions and Embargoes.
- Maintains training and audit / assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Advises internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of complex compliance programs to ensure business objectives are in compliance with all relevant laws and guidelines.
- Assists with audits to assess the export/import compliance and assist in determining and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Reports directly to the Program Management Senior Manager and will also provide support and guidance to all areas of the business including Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and others as it relates to Collins Interiors organization.
- Additional GT activities assigned by a direct or indirect GT manager
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 5+ years of global trade experience OR
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in a related field and 3+ years of global trade experience OR
- In the absence of a degree, 9+ years of global trade experience is required.
- Must be willing and able to travel 5%-10% of the time.
- Ability to learn and utilize many different application tools (SAP/GTS, SharePoint, Office 365, Smartsheet, Access, Web based tools, etc.)
- A desire to learn a new skill set in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Project Management experience.
- Ability to work independently and communicate clearly with their team and the business.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to step back and look at the big picture of what is needed for the enterprise and investigate other opportunities through innovation to accomplish goals.
- Experience with Collins/RTX current trade compliance related processes (classifications, authorizations, logging, compliant transfer modes, record keeping, etc.) and Collins specific GT related systems (GTS, OCR, MKDenial, xClass, TEXPORT) is a plus.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year.
- Vaccination policy is in effect.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)