Performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following areas: Labor Relations compliance, coordination and communications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to this position as needed.
- Conducts internal Labor Relations research and investigations by assembling facts and general information and presents findings and recommendations.
- Collaborates with leadership to prepare for and participate in grievance hearings, arbitrations and contract negotiations.
- Provides support for issues addressed in a Labor-Management setting and ensures timely follow-through on identified action items and communications plans.
- Aids in the interpretation, implementation and maintenance of collective bargaining agreements.
- Provides advice and counsel to associates and management in matters of contract compliance.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships internally and with the Company’s union groups and their leadership representatives.
- Ensures union leadership is kept abreast of organizational updates and initiatives.
- Participates in other departmental and organizational projects, as assigned.
- Develops and executes Labor Relations communication plan and maintains Labor Relations calendar.
- Compiles, analyzes and maintains files regarding the handling of dispute resolutions to include Step One, System Board of Adjustments, arbitrations and mediations.
- Develops, maintains accurate and complete databases regarding grievances and arbitrations for all labor groups.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field or similar area.
- At least 3 years of related professional experience, or equivalent education experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly understand general labor relations and human resources policies and procedures.
- Continuous improvement mindset and aptitude in problem-solving.
- Requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Must be sensitive to corporate needs, associate goodwill and the business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to work as a team with results driven approach
- Ability to be creative, flexible and resourceful are important traits
- Detail oriented.
- Strong customer service skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- PHR/SPHR Certification
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office including PowerPoint
- Ability to develop and maintain analytics
- Previous airline experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes limited decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to established precedents and policies. Impact of decisions is moderately low.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to move about the work environment.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10 of the time, including overnight travel.