Maintenance Control Specialist NAS Whiting Field, Milton,FL
Maintenance Control Specialist
- Responsible for recording and reporting aircraft discrepancies to proper work center and maintaining aircraft registers and status boards.
- Responsible to Maintenance Control Supervisor in performing those duties assigned.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the duties assigned to Aircraft Issue to such a degree that you can accomplish those tasks when assigned.
- Within 45 days of entering position, must qualify and continually maintain certification to release aircraft "safe for flight".
- Initiate, screen completed work orders for correct entries and data.
- Assign Job Control Numbers (JCNs).
- Distribute work orders.
- Complete maintenance data forms and screen for completeness and correctness.
- Initiate work orders for inspections in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Series.
- Maintain Aircraft Discrepancy Book (ADB) in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Series.
- Maintain MDS in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Series and other applicable Navy Instructions and Company Instructions.
- Verify MDS with Material, ADB, and work centers.
- Coordinate and maintain aircraft rinse sheets.
Experience & Education
- Have a basic understanding of Naval Aviation Maintenance Data System (MDS).
- Responsible to record and report aircraft discrepancies to proper work center, maintain aircraft registers and status boards.
- Maintain Aircraft Discrepancy Book (ADB).
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Be able to utilize two-way radio and/or intercom system.
- Have knowledge of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Series and other applicable Navy Instructions and Company Instructions.
- Must be able to interface with Government Representatives.
- Must be able to read, speak, write legibly and understand the English language.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ specialized experience in aviation maintenance control.
- Must meet formal training requirements to be certified to release aircraft safe for flight.
- Completion of Maintenance Control Management-OOMA course C-555-0053 or equivalent.
- Safe for Flight Certifications #
- Hazardous Materials Certification #
- Must meet any other qualification standard imposed by the government contract not covered by this agreement.
- Formal Schooling Required
- # Limited (Task Specific)
- The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment which is typically of an office setting.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials in performance of assigned duties.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles
Steve Northrup Senior Recruiter
- This classification activity is usually accomplished in an office-like environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with office activities.
- May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight will exceeds 30 pounds.
Worldwide Recruiting & Staffing Services LLC
682- 263-0040 (cell)
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)