Landlocked Aviation Services •
Job Summary: The Purchasing Manager will oversee and direct the activities of the purchasing department.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Prepares and presents market conditions and merchandise cost reports.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Drafts, explains, and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management.
- Evaluates and approves conditions for issuing and awarding bids.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Coordinates removal or disposal of surplus materials.
- Administers the departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Understanding of business and management principles
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- At least three years of experience in related field required
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs
- May require travel
Salary Depends on Experience
- Benefits: 401(k), Dental insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Vision Insurance, Profit Sharing
- Schedule: 8-hour Shift, Monday to Friday, Overtime Available
- Experience: Procurement: 3 years (Preferred)
- Work Location: One location
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)