Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - its our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - were not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think were creating something very special for our team members. Work is why were here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontiers hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the companys signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administrations 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industrys most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The MBA Leadership Development Program, Finance/Commercial provides an opportunity to work on Frontiers business model and drive strategic initiatives firsthand. The ideal candidate will bring advanced analytical and quantitative disciplines, ability to construct financial models for complex business questions, mature judgement and proactive communication.
The Frontier MBA Leadership Development Program has multiple tracks for candidates to explore during their rotation:
- Understand the commercial aviation business through financial modeling, competitor/industry research, and disciplined budgets and forecasts.
- Work with our supporting financial institutions to manage treasury strategies, operations and policies related to Treasury operations, cash and investment Management, corporate insurance and general corporate finance.
- Learn all aspects of capacity planning, new route forecasting, network and operational design analysis and optimization and development/updates of future capacity plans.
- Maximize revenue performance by optimizing pricing and inventory decisions at a flight level, by developing and refining ancillary product offers and pricing, and by designing optimal merchandising and placement strategies across e-commerce/digital channels such as the FlyFrontier website and mobile app.
- Identify business opportunities and drive improvement through rigorous analysis.
- Responsible for disciplined budget and forecast, long range planning, evaluation of new and existing business, competitive benchmarking, recurring and ad-hoc deliverables, process improvement and efficiency, and talent management and development.
- Leverage financial and operational analyses to assist in strategic decision making.
- Lead and develop a team of high performing financial analysts, mentor them on career development, prioritize and guide projects to a timely completion, thoroughly review all deliverables for accuracy.
- Assist with modeling the financial impact of changes to product offering, fleet strategy, route network, flight schedules, and labor strategy. Capture the entirety of financial implications across the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Evaluate the companys financial and operational performance across a broad range of metrics and Key Performance Indicators; benchmark Frontiers performance and strategy against competing airlines and best practices to identify business or market-based opportunities.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization acting as a trusted financial advisor, enhance financial awareness and offer guidance in setting business priorities.
- Build relationships with the Accounting team to monitor actuals and identify trends arising in the financials.
- Identify and size potential revenue and cost opportunities across the organization.
- Conduct scenario analysis to identify optimal strategies in the face of uncertainty.
- Present findings and recommendations to senior management regarding new route forecasts, strategic capacity plans, and network design changes to support operations efficiency and reliability
- Manage all aspects of capacity planning, new route forecasting, network and operational design analysis and optimization and development/updates of future capacity plans for business planning purposes
- Develop and maintain productive cross-functional relationships with Scheduling, Operations, Finance, Marketing and others
- Contribute to the development of medium- and long-term business plans at Frontier, including key inputs in areas such as network growth/development and fleet planning
- Develop network and operational analysis function, driving key insights into production in the Frontier network
- Maintain reporting and keen awareness of key competitive changes using wide ranging industry data sources and reports
- Stay abreast of airline industry news and trends
- Bachelors Degree and MBA (or equivalent) required; prefer degree in Finance, Accounting, Operations Management or Research, Mathematics or another quantitative field; Anticipated MBA graduation date Summer 2023
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (airline management, corporate finance, strategy, consulting, or related fields/functions) or commensurate combination of graduate work and relevant work experience required
- Industry knowledge and prior airline experience is beneficial
- Proven experience presenting information to all levels of management including C-suite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced analytical and technical finance skills
- Dedicated work-ethic, personal and professional integrity, and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated understanding of economic, financial, and accounting concepts
- Exemplary written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to independently prioritize analyses for self and team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to structure logical analytical approaches and to apply a range of quantitative techniques to solve business problems in an efficient, timely manner
Ability to understand and update modern skills testing.
Monday through Friday
Generally, not required.
General Supervision: The incumbent performs a variety of routine work within established policies and procedures and receives detailed instructions on new projects and assignments.
$65,000.00 - $95,000.00
At Frontier Airlines, we wholeheartedly support and have a strong commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action. Frontier is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, martial status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military, veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Diversity is an essential part of our success. Our company flourishes because of the unique backgrounds, skills and ideas that our team members contribute every day. We salute and actively recruit veterans. Military experience is valuable and transferable to many of the positions essential to the operations of our airline.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective DOT safety-sensitive employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any DOT safety-sensitive job applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.