Type of aircraft: Commercial
Longevity: 6+ Months
Quick feedback: YES call a recruiter today –1800-743-8988
Type of work environment: MRO
POSITION SUMMARY: With proven skills proficiency, install, inspect, test, adjust, and repair aircraft avionics equipment and systems. Perform operational tests and functional checks on aircraft avionics systems, and troubleshoots and corrects problems. Read blueprints and schematics. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems, including radio systems, radar, and navigation systems.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems related to avionics systems through the use of wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals. Reads blueprints and schematics.
- Lays out installation of aircraft avionics assemblies and systems.
- Sets up and operates ground support and test equipment to perform functional tests of electrical and avionics systems.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs.
- Able to demonstrate some understanding of basic electrical and electronics language and theory.
- Performs skilled manual and technical work using hand tools, soldering irons, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters.
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.