Type of aircraft: Corporate
Longevity: 6+ months
Type of work environment: Our client is built to meet their customer's needs, whether that includes aircraft management, aircraft maintenance, avionics, or components services.
The Avionics Installation technician position requires a strong knowledge of aircraft airframe, avionics and electronics systems. This job includes varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting and general mechanical applications
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the removal/installation of avionics electrical components, fabrication of wire harnesses, installations, terminations, ring-out, and functional tests of avionics/electrical systems.
- Assist in installations, modifications, and the fabrication of wiring and electrical components, fixtures, and associated equipment in accordance with blueprints, worksheets engineering drawings.
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness.
- Perform operational and functional checks on VHF/HF communication, VOR/ILS navigation, and pulse equipment including DME, Mode-S transponder and weather radar.
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective components based on analysis of test results, following schematics, component maintenance manuals, and other technical documents.
- Interpret drawings, specifications and schematics of aircraft instrument/electronic components.
- Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies and components according to aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications.
- Use complex test equipment such as continuous wave and pulse generators, time domain reflectometers, frequency counters, multi-meters, deviation meters, and other specialized equipment to perform operational checks of avionics systems.
- Document maintenance and inspection results in accordance with Part 145 policy and procedures.