Will perform Field and Sustainment level maintenance on aircraft avionics, electrical, instrument, and armament systems and subsystems, as well as installation, maintenance, modification, and repair of complex electronic equipment. Shall work in specialized shops associated with the Field and Sustainment level maintenance, fixed base operations, and perform troubleshooting and maintenance repairs on the flight line in support of customer requirements.
- Applies technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks following detailed instructions.
- Performs such tasks as replacing components, wiring circuits, repairing simple electronic equipment.
- Conducts testing and troubleshooting using common instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, and oscilloscopes.
- Required to read blueprints, build wire bundles, install wire bundles, use electronic test equipment, prepare aircraft for flight line inspection, troubleshoot aircraft electronics and determine courses of action for fault isolation/correction. Requires the ability to test instruments and maintain onboard circuitry
- Perform maintenance, authorized modifications and alignment on aircraft weapons components.
- Repair, replace, and perform operational and preventive checks and alignments on aircraft flight controls, stabilization systems, avionics and controlled cryptographic equipment.
- Manages Army Aviation Material Maintenance systems.
- Other duties as assigned