Airframe Sheet Metal Mechanic II
Yulista Holding, LLC •
The Airframe Sheet Metal Mech II performs installation of aircraft sheet metal and structural component in accordance with approved methods, techniques and practices.
- Interface with Crew lead and other Technicians as required.
- Install sheet metal & structures IAW instructions/drawings.
- Install sheet metal & structures as required meeting customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel overseas.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
- Perform continuity and power checks.
- Operate Ground Support Equipment (Power Cart, Tug, Forklift, etc.).
- Provide own tools with the exception of specialty tools.
- Remove, inspect, repair, and reinstall aircraft parts/systems.
- Annotate log book and work book entries IAW DA PAM 738-751 or other contractual guidance.
- Maintain a high state of cleanliness and utilize a clean-as-you-go process when executing maintenance duties. Perform rotating break room cleaning duties.
- Comply with processes and procedures as per DHS/Department of Defense (DOD) documents and publications.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety, violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis position does not have direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- May require knowledge of and experience performing structural repairs/ enhancements on the following aircraft: V-22
- Must be capable of carrying items up to 40 pounds. Heavier items must seek assistance of other workers or weight lifting devices.
- Must be capable of performing tasks in cramped, awkward, and strained positions and/or climbing up and down ladders, work platforms, scaffolding, and aircraft structures.
- Must be capable of performing tasks that frequently require: lifting, reaching, bending, walking, pulling, sitting, and standing, crouching, stooping, kneeling, and stretching for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret all blue prints and drawings.
- Use special test equipment and tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc. Must represent Yulista Aviation, Inc. in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely
- Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Aviation, Inc.’s goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Have the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 4 years’ experience with 2 years using military standards and specifications
- Heavy structure experience is a must
- Composite repair experience is not required but preferred
- Ability to pass a drug and background screening
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)