Avionic Lead Technician
Precision Air Inc. •
Precision Air seeking an Experienced Avionic Lead Technician looking for an opportunity to enhance their career and grow with a great company. Our diverse professional staff welcomes different perspectives and ideas. Our Avionic team supports aircraft maintenance, modification projects and interacts with all staff levels. As we continue to develop our team, we look for people willing to share their knowledge, capable of working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Our normal work schedule is Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Three (3) to five (5) years in commercial aviation electrical and avionics aircraft support experience required, to include avionics equipment installations, pitot/static test set operation, and com/nav/transponder/TCAS test set operation.
Experience with Garmin, Aspen and autopilot systems
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs installation and troubleshooting of various aircraft electrical /avionics systems to include control, power, video, RF cables and electrical harnesses on aircraft.
- Performs aircraft electrical/ avionics system testing to include continuity, power and operational checks using test equipment both on the aircraft and on back shop test benches.
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components.
- Layout installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as blueprints, manuals and writing diagrams.
- Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Operate computer-aided drafting and design applications to design avionics systems modifications.
- Performs two-year IFR 91.411 and 91.413 checks.
- Responsible for control, servicing and calibration of equipment resources.
- Keep records of work completed.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must be a high school graduate, AS degree preferred.
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License (PG) and or FAA A&P certificate Required.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Normal/corrected sight to 20/20.
- Normal color vision.
- Highly skilled in interpreting electrical schematics.
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc).
- Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%).
401(K) Plan with Employer Match, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid PTO, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Life insurance, Short term and long-term disability, Full Holiday Schedule and more.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)