Supervise a team of up to 10 technicians to manufacture and test to the engineering specifications.
- Recent leadership experience in avionics preferred.
- 5+ years of QA inspection experience in aviation/aerospace manufacturing
- Soldering, wire harnessing, potting, circuit board assembly experience.
Full Job Description
About Rocket Lab
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth.
Rocket Lab is rapidly expanding to meet the global demand for our commercial launch service. The Huntington Beach facility is seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish. We believe that an empowered and motivated workforce has been the cornerstone of our success and will be essential to our long-term growth as we redefine how the world accesses space.
Avionic Technician, Lead
The Lead Avionics Technician will supervise a team of up to 10 technicians to manufacture and test to the engineering specifications. You will lead daily activities for technicians to meet quality and schedule.
Key Avionic Technician, Lead Responsibilities Include:
Supervise a team of up to 10 technicians to manufacture and test to the engineering specification.
Lead daily activities for up to 10 technicians to meet quality and schedule.
- Managing leave requests and leave schedule.
- Responsible for assigning workflow and delegating day to day task.
- Provide immediate feedback on performance.
Responsible for health and safety in your area
- Manage the team’s skills matrix. Ensure required training is carried out.
- Interview new candidates.
- Can authorise training and certification of other direct reports.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed.
- Ensure training is completed.
- Ensure all people (direct reports and others) act in accordance with safety requirements.
- Identify and implement improvements if necessary and share with other areas.
- Responsible for the quality of the work at their designated functional area of work.
- Ensure team have read, understand and follow necessary manufacturing instructions and drawings.
- Basic root-cause-analysis (incl. 5-whys and process adherence/validation checks) and the implementation of corresponding production related corrective action plans.
- Authorise the release of flight components to the next workstation in accordance with the relevant component procedures.
- Support R&D activities by managing the R&D tech population in your area
- Assist with pre-production manufacturing and develop the process to full rate production
Report on daily team metrics and outputs
- Responsible for the scheduling of the work at their designated functional area of work
- Assist the line manage in meeting production rate increases
- Identify schedule risks and report to management and propose mitigation ideas