Avionics Maintenance Technician
West Star Aviation •
The Avionics Maintenance Technician performs inspection, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, removal and replacement of aircraft instrument and avionics components and systems using basic hand tools and test equipment to meet manufacturer's specifications, FAR's, industry standards, and West Star Repair Station Manual in a safe and organized work area. In addition, this position may communicate and interacts with customers regarding aircraft technical issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshoots, repairs, test, removes and replaces avionics and instrument wiring and systems installed in various airframes using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials. Orders necessary parts to complete the job
- Enters description of work completed on the work order and properly documents removal and installation of aircraft parts and components according to approved data and West Star Aviation approved procedures.
- Accompanies flight crews to perform in-flight troubleshooting and adjustments and performs preflight evaluations of avionics and instrument systems.
- Communicates and interacts professionally with the internal and external customers to educate and answers questions regarding the technical functions of the customer's aircraft, within area of expertise.
- Attends factory and Company technical classes and participates in OJT to increase technical skills and proficiency. Maintains technical training log.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
Avionics Maintenance Technician I:
Avionics Maintenance Technician II:
- Minimum one year avionics, electronics, airframe maintenance or related experience preferred
Avionics Maintenance Technician III:
- Minimum two years avionics, electronics, airframe maintenance or related experience required
Minimum Qualifications - A valid drivers license approved for airline travel and/or a valid passport is ideal, but not required
- Associates degree in avionics, electronics, airframe/engine maintenance or related field or equivalent required
- Minimum five years avionics, electronics, airframe maintenance or related experience required
Job Ident #:
West Star Aviation
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)