PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, ROTARY-WING: A person in this position does the following; maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Performs duties as Avionics & Electrician Technician on rotary-wing aircraft.
- Troubleshoot, repair and service rotary-wing aircraft components and engine systems.
- Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions.
- Perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various rotary-wing aircraft component systems in accordance with technical specifications and engineering instructions.
- Install and adjust equipment replacement parts to ensure optimal performance.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
- Interpret and analyze flight test and performance data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Coordinate work with engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Develop, document and maintain equipment or component configurations.
- Prepare required documents and drawings and maintain all files for material delivery sites and prepare efficient work schedule.
- Ensure Aircraft Airworthiness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 20 years’ experience and 15 years’ experience supporting rotary-wing aircraft.
- Operational experience vs. manufacturing or production experience.
- Experience with OH-58D and/or OH-6 aircraft or civilian equivalent.
- 8 years’ experience with the application and use of technical data and blueprints.
- 4 or more years’ experience on rotary-wing aircraft.
- Familiarity with the Army Aviation Maintenance or equivalent.
- FAA “A&P” and/or “A” certification.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years’ additional education and/or related experience.
- Two year college degree with aircraft avionics specialty OR documented military classroom avionics training AND 4 years of documented aircraft avionics experience.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- A current U.S. passport and comply with mobility requirements.
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; (d) your ability to provide proof of COVID vaccination status, (e) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date, if needed, and (f) KAI commencing performance on this contract.