Spur Aviation Services, LC. is a Part 135 Wildland Firefighting Company. We are offering immediate openings for Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanics and A&Ps who specialize in Avionics at our location in the beautiful State of Idaho. As an Avionics Mechanic, you will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting electrical systems, radios, and navigation equipment on our aircraft throughout the year. As general A&Ps you will be responsible for maintaining and servicing Turbine and Piston aircraft throughout the year. While the large maintenance period occurs during the winter months, during the summertime the majority of time will consist of preforming these operations on the road and sometimes at our home facility. These hours are flexible with some on-call periods and summer work is performed outside.
Desired but not required Qualifications and Skills:
- Pilots Liscense
- Twin Commander maintenace experience
- Garrett engine maintenance experience (or at least turboprop engine maintenance experience)
- Typical maintenance operations, such as removal and replacement of electrical and avionics systems in accordance with Company Maintenance SOP, Manufacturer/OEM approved data
- Troubleshoot, repair, clean, service, inspect, modify, replace, overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems using approved data to ensure airworthiness
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish each specific task
- Develop work plans and meet schedule estimates
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications
- Complete all required paperwork, maintain proficient records of repairs
- Use and operate all equipment in a safe manner
- Communicate effectively with management and team members
- Requires flexible schedule, working nights and weekends when the job requires (during fire season).
- Company offers a long-term stable work environment with a competitive salary and benefits.
- Competitive wage depends on experience