AWPC is looking for a variety of Assembly Line Technicians in specific skilled areas of Avionics, Mechanical, and Structural. Technicians must effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of supervision, and others, as required in their duties. Perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions, also while wearing required safety equipment.
Responsibilities and duties can include:
- Assemble, modify & install wire bundles, conductors & other electrical components
- Clearly document work performed, control equipment status tags, log critical information during installation, verify parts requests, etc.
- Read & Interpret schematics assembly drawings, process specifications, wiring diagrams, technical manuals, written instructions, etc.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by Supervisor
- Perform incoming inspections
- Install main rotor blades, fill oils and perform fuel function testing in accordance with applicable job cards
- Perform engine dry motoring, to ensure proper function before first engine start up, periodic weight and balance operations depending on helicopter configuration
- Perform Track and Balance Flights, and make adjustments to eliminate high vibrations on airframe and Main & Tail Rotors, including pitch link adjustments, and addition of weight(s) to Tail and Main rotor(s)
- Assist in the installation interior and custom components for example: hoist, cargo hook, auxiliary fuel system
- Must be familiar with composite design structures with knowledge of through inserts, carbon fiber lay up’s, honeycomb materials, resins, sealants and sanding of parts that contain the above
- Strong knowledge of correct type of fasteners to be used and able to adapt to rapid change on a daily basis
- Follow engineering drawings and revisions
- Install assemblies with accuracy
- Composite lay up’s and fabrication