HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced AVIONICS INSTALLATION TECHNICIANS in LEXINGTON, KY.
The Avionics Technician, under minimal supervision, removes and installs avionics equipment and electrical components, fabricates wire harnesses and terminations, troubleshoots installations, and completes functional testing of avionics and electrical systems. In this role, the Technician performs basic sheet metal tasks, such as drilling, riveting, and operates basic sheet metal hand tools. May perform painting and finish work on instrument panels.
Working on small Cessnas to corporate jets, and helicopters from the helicycle to an AS 365N3.
Essential job functions:
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
- Wire, install, test, and verify operation of avionics equipment and accessories; identify and correct electronics failures in various airframes using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials; all the while communicating with co-workers and in some cases with manufacturers in a timely, effective way.
- Modify existing instrument panels or fabricate new panels; fabricate equipment shelves as required; and fabricate and install other hardware to support and enable aviation electronics systems.
- Assure that installations are done in accordance with procedures described in the company's FAA Repair Station Manual as well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution – all in order to maximize quality and efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety and honesty.
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
Contract to Hire.
Day shift: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm