AIRBORNE Tampa •
This position is responsible for production activities, maintenance personnel, document compliance, schedules, and budgets related to Avionics maintenance operations under their span of control. Responsible for OJT “on the job training” and assisting his subordinates in proper procedures, methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty; Responsible for the preservation of all units or parts during process through the shop and after work is completed. The Production Manager duties may be delegated to a qualified individual under his management in his absence but ultimate responsibility for those duties remains with the Production Manager.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- One (1) year certificate from college or technical school.
- Six (6) years of experience and/or training.
- Ability to use Microsoft products (i.e., Excel and Word).
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and ISO training.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Proficient in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Supervises and directs the maintenance operations through subordinates.
- Works in conjunction with the Quality Supervisors or Managers to ensure maintenance of each article is in compliance with the required standards.
- Interacts with the Material Manager to ensure the required flow of necessary parts for supply and any equipment.
- Makes recommendations to the MRO Manager for improvement of maintenance operations.
- Works through supervisors to ensure completion of all required records.
- Maintaining his assigned hangar(s) and shops in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensures proper handling and disposition of all parts while in repair process.
- Maintain high quality standards of all aspects within his assigned areas.
- Planning, directing and coordinating maintenance activities within his assigned areas, and other departments, as required.
Signature authority for the Repair Station as noted in the Authorized to Sign Roster.
Discipline authority of subordinates, assign personnel as required for operational efficiency of his project.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Ensuring that the repair and overhaul of all articles and components within the Manager’s jurisdiction is accomplished within the authority of the Repair Station and that the inspection department inspects the work.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day to day operation, not determined at time of hire.
- Ability to perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time in performing the work.
- Ability to grasp objects utilizing the fingers (fine motor manipulation).
- Ability to reach for or lift objects above the head or below the waist.
- Ability to stoop or crouch by bending at the waist or by bending legs.
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, chemicals, fumes, vapors or mist that could potentially affect the health of the employee.
- Ability to withstand exposure to constant or intermittent moderate noise levels.
- Ability to have close vision or clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Ability to have distance vision or clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Ability to have peripheral vision - to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Ability to have depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to adjust focus
- Ability to visually discriminate and recognize quality as well as defects.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)