The incumbent of this task assists in implementing the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Series programs throughout the Intermediate Level (I-Level) avionics work centers
1. Review technical publications and directives and prepares or assists in the preparation of required maintenance instructions.
2. Monitor the Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI)/Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative (CDQAR) program and review personal qualifications of nominees for CDI and CDQAR designation.
3. Investigate hazard reports, and assist in the preparation of various problem related reports.
4. Provide assistance to production personnel and conduct final inspections where required.
5. Perform periodic inspections of Intermediate work centers to evaluate compliance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Series and other applicable instructions and directives.
6. Analyze information from Maintenance Data Reports, in developing discrepancy trends to identify failure areas and other maintenance problems. Review source documents and periodic inspection records and note recurring discrepancies requiring special action.
7. Review all Engineering Investigation requests, Quality Deficiency Reports, Technical Publication Deficiency Report, Aircraft Discrepancy Reports, Hazardous Material Reports, Explosive Mishap Reports, and Conventional Ordnance Discrepancy Reports to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise prior to mailing.
8. Obtain and use common and peculiar support equipment. Ensure production personnel have such equipment available, in operating condition, calibrated if applicable, and in use.
9. Support on-the-job training and cross training of Kuwait Air Force personnel.