Avionics Technician - Tampa, FL
HQ Aero Management Inc. •
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced AVIONICS TECHNICIANS in TAMPA, FL
The Avionics Technician is responsible for the repair, inspection, installation of aircraft FMS, Autopilots, and perform other avionics installations. You will also be required to troubleshoot wiring and electrical issues. Operates in compliance with company safety practices and performs other duties as assigned.
- Shift Work
- Must complete orientation to be eligible for travel pay.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proven technical and mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical/engineering drawings and technical instructions.
- Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools, safely and with care and precision, are essential.
- Ability to understand and follow direction with general supervision.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally and written.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Any other job-related duties assigned with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety, and honesty.
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
- A&P or FCC License is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of Avionics experience on a mix of helicopter, military, regional and/or commercial aircraft experience is required.
- Experience on Boeing 737, 767, and Airbus aircraft is preferred.
- Written skills test will be administered on the first day.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Standard Aviation Tool Kit and Etched Tools required.
- Criminal Background Check & Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol screening checks are mandatory.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)