Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Fort Lauderdale Service Centre was established February 1995 and is located in “The Venice of America”; the gateway to South and Central America. Located at Fort-Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, the Fort Lauderdale facility is winner of several FAA Diamond Awards. The 133,552 sq ft facility’s 170+ dedicated employees are equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Centre has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina, Aruba, Bermuda, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Mexico and Venezuela.
The Base Customer Response Team (CRT) Avionic Technician will travel to customers’ aircraft to perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspection, modification, and services of aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment. Perform and document all work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required. Will also be required to assist the Tech CRT A&P where applicable. Working conditions include considerable travel, which may include international and extended assignments, with frequent face to face contact with customers. Additional work on drop-ins and planned maintenance within the facility during slow periods of unplanned maintenance may be required. Must be able to work weekend shift.
- - Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions)
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Perform and document work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Inspect incoming parts and documentation to meet regulatory requirements
- Assist in other maintenance disciplines – Airframe, Powerplant, Structures, Composites etc.
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Conduct mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Create service orders with SAP
- Provide time estimates
- Perform other duties as assigned
- - Return aircraft to service after maintenance at off-site locations
- Act as shipping and receiving agent for parts