Avionics Technician / A&P Mechanic
RDC Aerospace Inc. •
Position Type: Permanent
Responsibilities include troubleshooting, repair, testing, installation and inspection of aircraft electronic equipment and systems; removal and reassembly of aircraft interior and instrument panels; fabrication and testing of avionics wiring harnesses; pitot-static systems testing and repair, and maintaining repair station records and documents as required.
- Perform avionics installations and upgrades for a variety of aircraft to manufacturers specifications.
- Perform component level repairs of re-certifications.
- Ensure proper preservation and protection of all avionics equipment during maintenance and storage.
- Ensure all forms initiated are completed in accordance with the Repair Station Manual.
- Maintain organized work station.
- Routinely inspect and repair aircraft structures, engines and systems, as well as perform complex annual inspections
- Troubleshoot utilizing maintenance manuals, blueprints, service bulletins and other maintenance documents, as well as contact with manufacturers and distributors
- Perform routine maintenance on aircraft components and systems
- Complete all company and FAA required documentation for inspections, repairs and all work performed on aircraft
- Ensure all forms initiated are completed in accordance with the Repair Station Manual
- Maintain organized work station
Candidates for Avionics Technician and A&P Mechanic positions must meet the following:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- College degree or equivalent in aviation electronics, or maintenance , AND/OR 1-3+ years avionics or maintenance work experience .
- A&P Certification required for Mechanic position
- Experience with avionics manufacturers (i.e. Garmin, S-Tec, +Bendix/King, Appraeo) is a plus for technician
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering diagrams.
- Ability to walk/sit/climg/crawl/ twist/ bend/ gain entry to/ work in confined areas; and to work from stands and ladders.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs and perform moderately strenuous physical tasks.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and with a team.
- Must have strong communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have strong organizational skills required in keeping a hangar organized and running smoothly.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)